“Girl, 12, died after overusing deodorant” according to the Times

The Times recently reported that a schoolgirl died after being overcome by fumes from her deodorant while on a family holiday: “Paige Daughtry, 12, was so worried about her personal hygiene that she used body spray as if it were “going out of fashion”, a coroner was told. It is believed that she overused it after a swim on July 18 and that a “volatile substance” in the fumes affected her heart rhythm. She was found by her mother, Ann, 36, lying face down in a bedroom of a caravan that the family, from Oldham, was renting at a holiday park near Blackpool. She died two hours later in hospital despite attempts to revive her. Her can of Right Guard deodorant was found near the ensuite bathroom.”

 

methodetimesprodwebbind3c4e0e0-1462-11e7-95d0-4f54ce31baae

Advertisements

About Scent Culture Institute

The Sense of Smell in Culture, Business & Society

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s